srImallakshmInrsimha para bhramhaNE nama:
srImathE rAmAnujAya nama:
srImadh varavaramunayE nama:
It gives me immense pleasure to be a part of the team who are interested in
developing the language Samskritam. Samskritam is one of the ancient languages.
The Indian culture and tradition are mainly rooted and established in this
language. The early texts namely the Vedas , Upanishads, Puranas , Itihasas etc.
are found in this language.
Further the greatness of this language has been accepted and honoured by the
Why to learn (Sanskrit) Samskritam ?
- To go to source granthas and have deeper perspective of the same.
- To have a firsthand experience of the granthas composed by our PurvaAcharyas
- To keep the thread connected to the forth coming generations of our sampradaya and works related to it.
- To have a great joy in reading and understanding the granthams in original version as our purvas did.
- To have a better understanding of the terminologies and concepts in the sampradaya.
- To improve the pronunciation of the Mantras or Slokas for more benefits.
- And many more….
Language as such has two major uses. One is to speak and the other to read or
write. For speaking a language script is not essential. For reading and writing the
script plays a vital role. A language can be easily represented in various other
For example – adiyen Ramanuja dasan Devarir samskritam katrukkolla iruppadu
romba nalla vishayam.
The Tamil sentence has been represented in English roman script. Still we can read
it and understand as we know Tamil also.
Thus a language has a concept called script and this is used for reading and writing
purposes. Sanskrit has various forms of representations in different scripts. A few
worth mentioning here are Devanagari, Nandi nagari, sharada granthakshara etc.
The grantha script mainly developed in the dravidadesha.
The script we use is Devanagari which is widely used by majority of people who use
Scheme of work
- Firstly the alphabet will be introduced and by regular practice the way of
- writing and the form written have to be registered.
- Pronunciation of individual letters and combined letters
- Formation of small words
- Different types of words (Parts of speech)
- Rules of Sandhi
- Declension of nouns
- Tenses and moods
- Conjugation of verbs
Lessons will be prepared based on the above concepts and posted in regular
intervals. As much as possible the explanations and examples will be derived based
on the sampradaya granthas.
Sessions will be there to clear the doubts and to provide clarity in the concepts.
External links will also be suggested. Regular worksheets will be given and
occasional tests will also be conducted.
Outcome of learning Samskritam
- One becomes better by learning samskritam
- Due to the proper pronunciation of the letters positive vibrations take place
- Listening to upanyasams of the adhikaris will be more pleasurable.
- Daily puja rituals will be made more meaningful.
These are some points mentioned here and many more adhrishta phalas are there
which will be reaped by the readers time to time.
The next phase will be the alphabet introduction that is the aksharamala.
In samskrita seva
Koil Kandadai Anandheri Narayana dasan